Residential Development, Ushaw College, Durham
Full engineering feasibility assessment of 10 numbered sites within the Ushaw Collage estate based on proposed concept residential layouts plans produced by Simpson and Brown Architects. The assessment included a comprehensive site analysis and initial enquiries to NWL, Environment Agency, Local Authority and utility providers with consideration made to the following.
• Land contamination
• Preliminary foundation requirements
• Mining and landfill
• Existing site drainage
• Proposed drainage
• Site clearance requirements
• Preliminary cut and fill earthwork requirements
• Preliminary retaining structure requirements
• Existing and proposed utilities
• Existing and proposed highways, including preliminary access requirements.
• Existing trees, hedges, vegetation and wetland areas
• Special environment requirements such as, protected species, noise issues, air quality issues etc.
The engineering feasibility assessment provided preliminary proposals and budget costs associated abnormal requirements where appropriate.