Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Civil Technician to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. This role is based in the Newcastle office and reports to the Regional Director (Civils). The purpose of this role is to support engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process, preparing calculations and producing drawings and construction details.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD.
- Supporting with the administration of projects.
- Supporting engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process.
- Meeting agreed deadlines and raise any issues to the Senior Engineers.
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff.
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems.
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System.
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals representing the practice in a professional manner.
- Attend internal design review meetings.
- Preparation of calculations.
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards.
- Produce private levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development.
- Conversant with current building regulations.
- Designing to NHBC and LABC standards.
- Earthworks modelling.
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Have a good understanding of road, levels and drainage designs.
- Demonstrated design experience in a similar role within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Earthworks modelling experience would be advantageous.
- A strong understanding of road, levels and drainage designs.
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as Site 3D, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage.
- Proficiency with MicroDrainage, Civil 3D, Site 3D design software (preferable).
- Ability to prioritise workload and plan effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.