Developments adjacent to railways pose potentially severe consequences, both in the immediate and long term. To avoid this, the design and construction need to be properly assured and controlled via the established processes implemented by the rail asset managers.
To manage these processes, we offer the full service available, including:
- Designs that optimise structure position and maximise the development’s footprint.
- Engineering services to manage the processes by Network Rail and TfL.
- Management of the interface with Network Rail and TfL Asset Protection (ASPRO) team throughout.
- Full survey including buried services, topographical and asset condition.
- Act as Principal Designer’s Representative under CDM 2015 and manage system safety to comply with the relevant requirements.
- Method statements to demonstrate how construction risks will be mitigated.
- Temporary works design including hoarding, debris net and piling platform and protection works to the lineside equipment.
- Regular design reviews
- Construction supervision to ensure compliance with design and method statements.
- Production of safety documentation for access to railway to ensure safe operation.
- Health and Safety files to hand back to Network Rail.