Doug heads up the building consultancy department, together with board level responsibility for the building services team. He has responsibility for providing a coordinated and integrated consultancy service to all clients.
Doug has over 38 years’ experience in the UK and European Property Markets dealing with a range of building consultancy and project management instructions.
In his spare time Doug enjoys supporting his local community, as treasurer to a community trust and is involved with his village drama group.
A selection of past and recent and significant projects has included:
- Project Monitoring – supporting the funder throughout the development of Media City, the North West’s media hub anchored by the BBC, NWDA and Salford City Council with a construction value of £600m.
- Due Diligence surveys – Undertaking and managing full pre-acquisition surveys and reports including high rise buildings within the UAE.
- Project Management – Appointment of a full design team to create a new production facility for manufacturing firm including the replacement of a roof to an existing 33,000 m2 warehouse, extension alterations external works and fit out to relocate the client’s machinery and staff facilities.
- Consultancy Advice – Providing technical advice on development feasibility for private clients, Local Authorities and trusts.
- Expert Witness – Assisting clients in both the defence and pursuit of significant claims through alternative dispute resolution and court proceedings.