Associate Director Civils
5 July 2022
Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity in our Birmingham office, for an experienced Associate Director to join our Civils team.
The purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, transport, healthcare, education & commercial sectors. There will be a large element of Business Development within this role which will include pursuing new opportunities, work-winning and proactively developing client relationships.
- Act as Project Manager as necessary, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Manage the workload, including the technical and commercial management, of an experienced team of civil/ infrastructure engineers.
- Supervising staff under your direction and offering proactive advice in relation to problem solving issues.
- Work with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals throughout the development life cycle; providing services from site feasibility through to project completion.
- Promotion of Patrick Parsons to existing and prospective clients
- Establishing new clients and developing existing client relationships through excellent project delivery and repeat business.
- Assisting with identifying leads and participating in converting them into confirmed work
- Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resourcing and programming of workload.
- Assist in the development and implementation of business strategies.
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
- Set up projects on the Patrick Parsons system and allocate budgets to work stages, manage project finances and client interaction.
- Undertaking project coordination and representing the company at consultants meeting etc
- Design and design documentation reviews
- Co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices Develop staff and assist in training and mentoring with a particular focus on assisting staff to gain professional accreditation.
- Actively participating in developing the UK practice including technical excellence, culture, procedures, professional development and continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to. You will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for the Civils team.
- If it matters to you it matters to us -we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each other. Again, you will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for the Civils team to ensure we meet the needs of our team and our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands up when we get it wrong. You will be a champion for quality and will coach and guide the Civils Team to ensure they learn and develop to be able to deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You will encourage innovation and creativity within the Civils Team and demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients.
- A 2:1 Bachelor of Engineering – Civil, Structural or equivalent
- Chartered status with ICE, IStructE or equivalent
- Relevant engineering and project management experience in the industry
- Experience in successfully seeing significant projects through from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated experience of work winning and client management.
- Proven delegation and negotiating skills.
- Ability to collaborate and influence other design team members and clients in the design process.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an aptitude for creating and managing client relationships.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS or Civils3D, Micro drainage and/or other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure Proven experience in a management role and experience of civil engineering.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
- Financial & risk awareness to the Business
- Ability to introduce new work and clients into the business would be an advantage.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds