11 July 2022
We have an excellent opportunity in our Birmingham office, for an experienced Office Administrator, to join our operations team.
The purpose of this role is to provide efficient and proactive operational support.
- Liaising with project managers to ensure queries from clients are dealt with smoothly and efficiently
- Supporting the technical staff through administrative duties that support project delivery such as compilation and formatting of reports and letters
- Cover for other operations employees due to annual leave on completing 60% invoicing on the 15th working day of the month for the technical team and then completion of final invoicing to be uploaded by the end of the last working day of the month
- Monitoring of the Admin mailbox and dealing with all requests
- Monitoring of the generic office mailbox and dealing with all requests
- Meet and greet visitors in a professional friendly manner
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries promptly and politely
- Stock control management including stationery and general offices supplies (print cartridges, tea, coffee, liaison with cleaner, etc.)
- Facilities management including taking monthly meter readings for the office and forwarding to the utility company. Logging of printer/IT issues with the relevant company and getting resolution
- Logging of incoming and outgoing post including recorded delivery and arrangement of couriers
- Ensure new starters have the correct equipment on joining and show them round the office highlighting fire exits etc
- Ordering breakfast each Wednesday for the ‘PP Breakfast Wednesdays’
- Ordering lunches and refreshments for internal/external meetings
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to. You will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for the Operations team.
- If it matters to you it matters to us -we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each other. Again, you will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for the Civils team to ensure we meet the needs of our team and our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands up when we get it wrong. You will be a champion for quality and will coach and guide the Civils Team to ensure they learn and develop to be able to deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You will encourage innovation and creativity within the Civils Team and demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise your work
- The ability to think on your feet and use your initiative
- Proactive approach to supporting the management and operational needs of the office
- This is a dynamic role that requires an adaptable, committed and flexible approach to your work
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional oral and written skills excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time-management skills with the ability to multitask
- Previous experience of working within a construction / consulting sector would be advantageous
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.