Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer
5 July 2022
Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity in our Birmingham office for an experienced Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The purpose of this role is to deliver of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
- Logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015 and BS EN ISO 14688:2002
- Supervising all forms of site investigation, including trial pitting, window sampling, cable percussive rotary drilling
- Interpret geological maps and undertake mining risk assessments in line with Coal Authority requirements
- Ground gas risk assessment
- Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental appraisals, remediation specifications and validation reports
- Supervise ground engineering projects
- Prepare quotes/tenders for potential projects
- Project managing site investigations and remediation validation works
- Supervising and instructing drillers, technicians, junior engineers and engineers
- Line management of junior staff
- Detailed scheduling of soil and water testing (geotechnical and chemical)
- Prepare the factual and interpretive geo-environmental appraisals, remediation specifications and validation reports
- Design, specification and validation of land remediation schemes
- Design, specification and validation of mine workings stabilisation schemes
- Project management of land remediation and ground engineering schemes
- Managing profitability of projects
- Liaison with remediation and ground engineering contractors
- Liaison with clients
- Liaison with regulators
- Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones
- Work in accordance with our systems and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, project & risk management
- Assisting with other duties may be required from time to time
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to. You will contribute to delivering this through your own actions and by meeting the standards of the Geo-Environmental team. At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients.
- If it matters to you it matters to us – we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each other. Again, you will show contribute through your own actions and by meeting the standards of the Geo-Environmental team to ensure we meet the needs of our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands
up when we get it wrong. You will follow quality standards of the Geo-Environmental
Team to deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each
other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You are encouraged to be
innovative and creative within the Geo-Environmental Team standards and to
demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science (or similar)
- MSc in a relevant subject is desirable but not essential
- The candidate should be Chartered or working towards Chartered status or qualified by experience
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and clients
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.