Senior Structural Engineer
11 July 2022
We have an excellent opportunity in our Twickenham office, for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
The purpose of this role is to manage projects including allocated resources such as Engineers, graduates and technicians. Duties will include the financial control of assigned projects, to oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractors and other project consultants. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of projects from small residential works to large multi-storey development and heritage projects.
- Input into fee proposals, including resources and programme
- Manage projects from inception through to completion
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors and Principal Engineers
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients
- Actively manage projects to minimise WIP
- Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages
- Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts
- As the team develops you will mentor junior engineers, graduates and technicians
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients
- Take an active role in the development of the Structures Division with a view to expanding our client base
- Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems
- Operational and design safety, and developing good safety
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to.
- If it matters to you it matters to us -we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each other. Again, you will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for the Civils team to ensure we meet the needs of our team and our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands up when we get it wrong. You will be a champion for quality and will coach and guide the Civils Team to ensure they learn and develop to be able to deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You will encourage innovation and creativity within the Civils Team and demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients.
- BEng or Meng in Civil or Structural engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in structural engineering design and construction
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards
- Experience in the management of preparation of drawing and project deliverables
- Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills, with proven problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills coupled with attention to detail
- Ability to lead design aspects of projects including managing quality, budget, programme and resources
- Ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Chartered Structural Engineer or working towards chartered status is preferable
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds