Associate Civil Engineer
Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity in our Birmingham office, for an experienced Associate Civil Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
The purpose of this role is to assist with the management of the Civils team, overseeing the day to day running of projects, attending project meetings, being a key contact for clients, contractors, other project consultants and technical lead for the design team. This person will motivate, inspire and support the professional and personal development of a strong team of engineers and technicians. There will be a large element of Business Development within this role which will include pursuing new opportunities, work-winning and proactively developing client relationships.
Closing date: 01/06/2022
- Act as Project Manager as necessary, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Manage the workload, including the technical and commercial management, of an experienced team of civil/ infrastructure engineers.
- Supervising staff under your direction and offering proactive advice in relation to problem solving issues.
- Work with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals throughout the development life cycle; providing services from site feasibility through to project completion.
- Promotion of Patrick Parsons to existing and prospective clients
- Establishing new clients and developing existing client relationships through excellent project delivery and repeat business.
- Assisting with identifying leads and participating in converting them into confirmed work
- Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resourcing and programming of workload.
- Assist in the development and implementation of business strategies.
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
- Set up projects on the Patrick Parsons system and allocate budgets to work stages, manage project finances and client interaction.
- Undertaking project coordination and representing the company at consultants meeting etc
- Design and design documentation reviews
- Co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices Develop staff and assist in training and mentoring with a particular focus on assisting staff to gain professional accreditation.
- Actively participating in developing the UK practice including technical excellence, culture, procedures, professional development and continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to. You will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for the Civils team.
- If it matters to you it matters to us -we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each other. Again, you will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for the Civils team to ensure we meet the needs of our team and our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands up when we get it wrong. You will be a champion for quality and will coach and guide the Civils Team to ensure they learn and develop to be able to deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You will encourage innovation and creativity within the Civils Team and demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients.
- Has a solid understanding and vast experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from both a technical approval and client viewpoint.
- A 2:1 degree in Civil or Structural engineering.
- Chartered status in a recognised professional organisation or equivalent long-term experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an aptitude for creating and managing client relationships.
- Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous.
- Technical understanding of the use of Civils 3D and Micro Drainage and other civil engineering packages
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Local Authorities, EA and Water Company requirements.
- Enjoys interacting with clients and personnel at all levels and getting involved to get a task done.
- Proven experience in a management role
- Financial & risk awareness to the Business
- A good reputation in the local marketplace and a number of clients who respect their work and want to work with them, as well as a well-developed network of professional contacts.
- Ability to introduce new work and clients into the business would be an advantage
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well to strict deadlines under pressure.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds