Principal Structural Engineer
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Principal Structural Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The role is based in our office in Birmingham and will report to the Director. The purpose of this role is to manage projects, Senior Engineers, Graduates and Technicians during the day to day running of projects, while being a main point of contact for the client and project consultants and technical lead for the design team.
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: Competitive
- Closing date: 01/06/2022
- Prepare fee proposals for senior management approval, including resources and programme.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Manage the workload and oversee technical and commercial management of as mall team.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
- Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Oversee the response to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages.
- Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Actively manage projects to minimise WIP.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Take an active role in the development of the Structures Division with a view to expanding its client base
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to. You will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for Senior Engineers, Graduates and Technicians.
- 1.If it matters to you it matters to us – we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each other. Again, you will show leadership through your own actions and by setting clear expectations for Senior Engineers, Graduates and Technicians to ensure we meet the needs of our team and our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands up when we get it wrong. You will be a champion for quality and will coach and guide Senior Engineers, Graduates and Technicians to ensure they learn and develop to be able to deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You will encourage innovation and creativity within Senior Engineers, Graduates and Technicians and demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients
- The role holder will be a Chartered engineer and a member of either the Institute of Civil or Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in structural engineering design and construction.
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards.
- Experience in the management of preparation of drawing and project deliverables.
- Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills, with proven problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Ability to lead design aspects of projects including managing quality, budget, programme and resources
- Ability to lead a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.