Senior Civil Engineer
Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity in our Twickenham office for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The purpose of this role is to support engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process, preparing calculations and producing drawings and construction details.
Closing date: 01/06/2022
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals representing the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- Attend internal design review meetings.
- Preparation of calculations.
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD.
- Supporting with the administration of projects.
- Supporting engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process.
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards.
- Meeting agreed deadlines.
- Working in both an office environment and on site.
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff.
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems.
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System.
- Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events.
- Adhere to health & safety regulations.
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards.
- Conversant with current building regulations.
- Designing to NHBC and LABC standards.
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Proficiency with MicroDrainage, Civil 3D, Site 3D design software.
- Have a good understanding of road, levels and drainage designs.
- Demonstrated design experience in the civils sector.
- Good communications skills are essential.
- Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development.
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc.
- Earthworks modelling experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work well in a team and build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as Site 3D, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage.
- Good organisational skills.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.