At Patrick Parsons we are focused on creating the places for future generations to thrive. As our IT manager you will support our fantastic team of engineers to do just that. Tech and software are the tools of our trade, so this is a really important role. You will be future focused, innovative and know what it takes to keep us operating efficiently.
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team to produce and project manage / coordinate the company’s change programme associated with IT projects, providing a strategic view for IT in line with business growth plans.
- Managing the company’s IT maintenance contracts to ensure services provided to the business are delivered in accordance with agreed service level agreements, ensuring disruption is minimised, risks are managed effectively, and contingency plans are in place.
- Ensure inter-related projects are carefully planned as part of an approved improvement programme and that project benefits are fully realised through training and effective implementation.
- To prepare and manage the IT budget for financial forecasting.
- Identifying and reducing areas of capital expenditure.
- Managing 3rd party software licence subscriptions and renewals.
- Overall management of IT policy and procedures that provide consistent delivery of technology services to the business.
- Reviewing infrastructure problems, ensuring that account is taken of agreed levels of service and the need for quality, security, availability, and safety, utilising appropriate specialised techniques, tools, methods, or standards.
- Monitoring corporate servers and ensuring efficient optimisation of system performance by coordinating IT Staff to carry out identified works.
- Act as main escalation point for major incidents and manage through to resolution.
- Researching solutions to major IT incidents and working with the senior management team to evaluate costs and security implications.
- Evaluating recommendations and quotations provided by suppliers to ensure best value is gained for the organisation.
- Implementing infrastructure systems, either leading as project manager, or assisting as part of a team.
- Maintaining the Internal IT Asset register.
- Coordinating and supporting the implementation of new hardware and software.
- Developing processes such as hardware replacement, software deployments, setup of new employees, new employee training etc.
- Researching and implementing tools and technology that will enhance the way the company operates.
- Communicating maintenance schedules, operational issues and impacts to directors.
- Maintaining an awareness of new and emerging technologies and products.
- Managing IT hardware and software audits.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all customers across the business and 3rd party stakeholders.
- Defining security policy and compliance.
- Managing telephony networks and/or vendors.
- Undertake any other duty which may reasonably be allocated by board directors or the senior management team.
- Experience within an organisation practicing construction design, including the management and implementation of Autodesk products and construction design automation software.
- Experience in a professional service environment.
- Background in an IT support or similar technical role.
- Exposure to working in a fast-paced, customer-driven IT environment.
- Experience managing IT budgets and expenditure.
- Previous leadership and people management experience.
- Project, programme management and change management experience with planning and managing large scale inter-related IT projects with business process change across multiple sites.
- Organisation and communication skills together with the ability to implement training across offices using various methods (group and individual training sessions, guidance documents).
- Experience of security standard accreditations such as ISO27001, Cyber Essentials.
- Must be able to demonstrate good experience of IT delivery to an SME environment.
- Solid understanding of IT process and procedures and the need for quality user support.
- Aptitude for identifying a need for specialist technical skills and resourcing when needed.
- Experience in defining and implementing IT projects within budget and in time.
- Microsoft Server/Office365 and Cisco CCNA certified advantageous.
- Experience managing desktop support and/or gained in a start-up or growth company.
- Negotiating support contracts and SLA management.
- Technical desktop support experience.
- Defining security policy and compliance including disaster recovery.
- Database administration and management including SQL certification.
- In depth Active Directory experience and Office 365 including SharePoint and Teams Administration.
- Knowledge of managing internal networks.
- An IT-related degree or similar qualification would be advantageous.
- A track record in providing excellent quality of service and improving overall team performance.
- An excellent communicator and manager of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ability to manage expectations and resources.
- Knowledge and experience of complex software licencing arrangements and licencing set ups.
- Team player/motivator.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to communicate with management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.Ability to influence others.
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- EAP Scheme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.