Drainage strategy and flood risk assessment are integral to a successful planning application. Current practice requires a sustainable drainage strategy to be developed to balance the challenges of the project with the drainage capacity of the site. Our specialists support full planning applications, as well as providing assessments of existing drainage systems. At Patrick Parsons, we pride ourselves in offering bespoke advice and technical solutions.
- Drainage Design: for planning applications and construction, our drainage specialists will carry out the design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS). This is done in line with current legislation and best practice. We will develop the most cost-effective solutions, balancing storage and discharge of surface water within the constraints of a site and the approving bodies.
- Flood Risk Assessments: our specialists can support your planning application with a full Flood Risk Report. This is completed in accordance with National Planning Policy Framework. This will include an assessment of flood levels, hydraulic modelling of minor watercourses, evaluation of the safe route of escape and evaluation of level-by-level or volume-by-volume flood compensation.
- Drainage and flood risk advice: our specialists provide assessments of existing drainage systems. We offer bespoke advice and technical solutions to existing sites with flooding or drainage problems.
- Advice to local authorities: Our team act as the consulting Planning Officer for local authorities. We offer technical comments on Planning Applications. Additionally, we can advise the planning team on best practice and technical solutions to problem sites. We can also advise on the appropriate level of information required to satisfy current legislation.
- Geotechnical Investigation: we can assist with design of surface water drainage systems for infiltration. We can offer full geotechnical support for a project.
As well as bespoke flood risk assessment, Patrick Parsons offer expert solutions in relation to traffic and transportation, environmental consultancy and other areas. Contact our team today to discuss your project.