Patrick Parsons are recruiting a Senior / Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team in Twickenham. This is an excellent opportunity to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
- To manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians. To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
- Maintain the Project Management Plan
- Represent Patrick Parsons as part of a Professional Design Team
- Develop and produce scheme design information and the design philosophy according to the Client brief, as agreed with the Project Manager.
- Assemble and ensure all calculations, drawings, correspondence and other project documents are in good order, in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate
- Attendance at project and design meetings and site visits.
- Represents Patrick Parsons at Client and design team meetings.
- Attend project testing, commissioning of plant and systems.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Actively manage projects.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures.
- Take an active role in the development of the Building Services Division with a view to expanding its client base.
- Complete timesheets on a daily basis, allocating time correctly against projects and work stages
- Input into fee proposals, including resources and programme.
- Work within the financial and program constraints and consider financial implications in producing design information.
- Be aware of project finances and monitor the financial performance of the project, report any concerns immediately.
- Understand and implement the company’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Patrick Parsons Company Staff Handbook
- Understand and implement the company’s Health and Safety policy
- Bachelors/master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered or working toward Chartered Engineer status with either CIBSE or IET
- 5 years’ experience post qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating confidence and professionalism
- Excellent client facing skills, experience of presenting to clients
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Solid technical knowledge of Electrical Engineering and general understanding of other building services disciplines and multi-disciplinary design
- Be willing to provide guidance to graduates and technicians
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Be able to evaluate technical and customer requirements to enable you to provide viable solutions
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.