We are recruiting a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Manchester team and manage the daily running of projects while supporting graduates and technicians.
- To manage projects and be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
- Maintain the Project Management Plan
- Represent Patrick Parsons as part of the professional design team
- Develop and produce scheme design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan and the design philosophy/brief as agreed with the Project Manager/Principal Engineer.
- Assemble and ensure all calculations, drawings, correspondence and other project documents are in good order, in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate
- Attendance at project and design meetings and site visits.
- Represents Patrick Parsons at Client and design team meetings.
- Attend project testing, commissioning of plant and systems.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors and Principal engineers.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Actively manage projects.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Take an active role in the development of the Building Services Division with a view to expanding its client base.
- Complete timesheets on a daily basis, allocating time correctly against projects and work stages
- Input into fee proposals, including resources and programme.
- Work within the financial and program constraints and consider financial implications in producing design information.
- Review project finances on Coretime on a regular basis to monitor the financial performance of the project, report any concerns immediately.
- Shows willingness and enthusiasm, actively contributes
- Co-operates and collaborates with the design team
- Builds rapport and is proactive in meeting client expectations and requirements
- Maintains continuous personal development where appropriate
- Maintains and demonstrates an appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation via membership of professional bodies
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org