Patrick Parsons has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Geo-Environmental Engineers, to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. This role is based in the Birmingham office but may be required to work in other regional offices on a project needs basis from time to time.
- Logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015 and BS EN ISO 14688:2002
- Supervising all forms of site investigation including trial pitting and all forms of drilling
- Ordering desk study searches, consultations and prepare desk study reports
- Interpret geological maps and undertake mining risk assessments in line with Coal Authority requirements
- Basic landfill gas risk assessment
- Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental appraisals, remediation specifications and validation reports
- Supervise ground engineering projects, site investigations and remediation validation works
- Supervising and instructing drillers and technicians
- Scheduling of soil and water testing (geotechnical and chemical)
- Work in accordance with our systems and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, project & risk management
- Bachelors Degree in geology, engineering geology or similar
- MSc in a relevant subject is desirable but not essential
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and clients
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- EAP Scheme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Any applications from UK eligible workers wishing to apply, please contact IConsult Technical Ltd who are working with us to fulfill this role.
No recruitment agencies should apply.
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.