The role will involve managing projects including allocated resources such as Principal Engineers, Senior Engineers, graduates and technicians. This is to include the delegation of responsibility as they see fit with a view to empowering the staff. They are to manage the Structures team within the office on a day to day basis but also provide a mentoring role for the professional and personal development of all engineers and technicians.
They are to oversee the day to day running of a number of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants and technical lead for the design team.
There will be a large element of Business Development within this role which will include pursuing new opportunities, work-winning and proactively developing client relationships.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Act as Project Director/Manager as necessary, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations
- Manage the workload, including the technical and commercial management, of an experienced team of civil/ infrastructure engineers
- Supervising staff under your direction and offering proactive advice in relation to problem solving issues.
- Work with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals throughout the development life cycle; providing services from site feasibility through to project completion
- Promotion of Patrick Parsons to existing and prospective clients
- Establishing new clients and developing existing client relationships through excellent project delivery and repeat business
- Assisting with identifying leads and participating in converting them into confirmed work
- Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resourcing and programming of workload
- Assist in the development and implementation of business strategies
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design
- Set up projects on the Patrick Parsons system and allocate budgets to work stages, manage project finances and client interaction
- Undertaking project coordination and representing the company at consultants meeting etc
- Design and design documentation reviews
- Co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices Develop staff and assist in training and mentoring with a particular focus on assisting staff to gain professional accreditation
- Actively participating in developing the UK practice including technical excellence, culture, procedures, professional development and continuous improvement.
Experience/ Skills Required
- A solid understanding and vast experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from both a technical approval and client viewpoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an aptitude for creating and managing client relationships
- Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous
- Technical understanding of the use of Civils 3D and Micro Drainage
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Local Authorities, EA and Water Company requirements
- Enjoys interacting with clients and personnel at all levels and getting involved to get a task done
- Proven experience in a Management role
- Financial & risk awareness to the Business
- A good reputation in the local market place and a number of clients who respect their work and want to work with them, as well as a well-developed network of professional contacts
- Ability to introduce new work and clients into the business would be an advantage
- Ability to adapt well to changing priorities and situations without a loss of effectiveness
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering – Civil, Structural or equivalent
- Chartered status with ICE, IStructE or equivalent (desirable)
- Relevant engineering and project management experience in the industry
- Experience in successfully seeing significant projects through from inception to completion
- Demonstrated experience in work winning and client management
- Proven delegation and negotiating skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence other design team members and clients in the design process
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management
- The right attitude and cultural fit for our organisation
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include;
- Competitive salary
- Private Healthcare
- Birthday off work!
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.