Patrick Parsons are recruiting a Civil Engineer to join our team in Twickenham. This is an excellent opportunity to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals and at all times represent the business in a professional and courteous way.
- On larger projects assist the Director in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
- Delegate to and direct Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Responsible for technical issues.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
- MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in Civil Engineering within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritise work.
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.