Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity in our Birmingham office for an experienced Senior Civil Engineering Technician to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
The purpose of this role is to support engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process, preparing calculations and producing drawings and construction details.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals representing the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- Attend internal design review meetings.
- Preparation of calculations.
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD.
- Supporting with the administration of projects.
- Supporting engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process.
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards.
- Meeting agreed deadlines.
- Working in both an office environment and on site.
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff.
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems.
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System.
- Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events.
- Adhere to health & safety regulations.
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards.
- Conversant with current building regulations.
- Designing to NHBC and LABC standards.
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Proficiency with MicroDrainage, Civil 3D, Site 3D design software.
- Have a good understanding of road, levels and drainage designs.
- Demonstrated design experience in the civils sector.
- Good communications skills are essential.
- Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development.
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc.
- Earthworks modelling experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work well in a team and build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as Site 3D, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage.
- Good organisational skills.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.