Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for either an experienced Geoenvironmental Engineer or Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer looking for a role that offers progression to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. This role is based in the Birmingham office but may be required to work in other regional offices on a project needs basis from time to time. This role reports to the Director and the purpose of this role is to lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015 and BS EN ISO 14688:2002.
- Supervising all forms of drilling, including rotary coring.
- Ordering desk study searches, consultations and prepare desk study reports.
- Interpret geological maps and undertake mining risk assessments in line with Coal Authority requirements.
- Design and specify intrusive ground investigations and relay this information to site engineers.
- Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental appraisals, remediation specifications and validation reports.
- Basic landfill gas risk assessment.
- Supervise ground engineering projects.
- Prepare quotes/tenders for potential projects.
- Project managing site investigations and remediation validation works.
- Supervising and instructing drillers, technicians, junior engineers and engineers.
- Line management and mentoring of junior staff.
- Detailed scheduling of soil and water testing (geotechnical and chemical).
- Design, specification and validation of land remediation schemes.
- Design, specification and validation of mine workings stabilisation schemes.
- Project management of land remediation and ground engineering schemes.
- Managing profitability of projects, cost control and client debt management
- Liaison with remediation and ground engineering contractors.
- Liaison with clients.
- Liaison with regulators.
- Any ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science (or similar)
- MSc in a relevant subject is desirable but not essential
- The candidate should be Chartered or working towards Chartered status
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.