Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for Business Support to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
This role is based in the Ash Vale, Guildford office and reports to the Transformation Director. The purpose of this job is to provide efficient and proactive business support in three key areas; to agreed members of the Senior Leadership Team, our technical teams, and the office location
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Supporting our Senior Leadership Team
- Handling sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality Preparation and distribution of confidential minutes
- Support specific Senior Leaders when out of the office and manage out of office communications
- Diary management and co-ordination, when required
- Meetings coordination, preparation and bookings and assist with follow-up, when required
- Coordinate travel arrangements through other support staff (hotels/transport/connections planning)
- Administration of reports, contract documents, warranties and legal documentation
Supporting our Technical Teams
- Liaising with project managers to ensure queries from clients are dealt with smoothly and efficiently
- Supporting the technical staff through administrative duties that support project delivery such as compilation and formatting of reports and letters
- Meet and greet visitors in a professional friendly manner
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries promptly and politely
- Stock control management including stationary and general offices supplies (print cartridges, tea, coffee, liaison with cleaner, etc.)
- Logging of incoming and outgoing post including recorded delivery, franking, arrangement of couriers
- Archiving of paper records/electronic documents
- Ordering lunches and refreshments for external meetings
Other Things of Note
- Role performance to be subject to regular review and duties may change from time to time
- Providing holiday cover to other support team members in office/company
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic individual who in joining the team will ideally hold the necessary skills to hit the ground running:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise your work
- The ability to think on your feet and use your initiative
- Proactive approach to supporting the management and operational needs of the office
- This is a dynamic role that requires an adaptable, committed and flexible approach to your work
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience of working within a construction / consulting sector would be advantageous
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV along with your notice period, current salary and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to be held on Thursday 28 November 2019.
No agencies please. Previous applicants need not apply.
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.