Patrick Parsons are recruiting in our Birmingham office for two Technician’s to join our Civil Engineering team. This is an excellent opportunity to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
The purpose of the role is to support with the design, submission and approval of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Attend internal design review meetings.
- Preparation of calculations.
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD.
- Supporting the administration of projects.
- Supporting the Civil/Senior Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process.
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards.
- Meeting agreed deadlines.
- Working in both an office environment and on site.
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff.
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems.
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System.
- Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events.
- Adhere to health & safety regulations.
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards.
- Conversant with current building regulations.
- Designing to NHBC and LABC standards.
- Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development.
- Earthworks modelling would be advantageous.
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as Site 3D, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage.
- A solid understanding of road, levels and drainage designs.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.