Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity in our Twickenham office for an experienced Structural Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. Although this role is for an Engineer there are opportunities for this to progress to a Senior Engineer role.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the technical aspects of the day to day running of projects. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of projects from small housing schemes to multi-storey R.C. framed regeneration projects with build costs in excess of £100m.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors, Principal and Senior engineers, using appropriate software.
- Assist in the delivery of projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Work with CAD Technicians to produce relevant structural information.
- Undertake structural engineering analysis and design under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Full management of small projects.
- Attendance at project and design meetings and site visits.
- Undertake condition surveys and write reports.
- Liaison with other members of the design team.
- Keep all project related documentation in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Mentor graduates and technicians.
- Actively engage in CPD to maintain and facilitate personal and career development.
- Bachelor’s degree (min. 2:1) in an appropriate Civil or Structural engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in structural engineering design and construction.
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, building relationships with clients and other design team members
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.