The purpose of this role is to support a team of experienced Engineers in the design process on a range of projects. Building relationships with colleagues, suppliers, clients and contractors.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Preparing and checking project design, assessment calculations, and drawings.
- Preparing reports as and when required.
- Undertaking work on site such as site walk over surveys.
- Communicating with colleagues, suppliers, clients and contractors in relation to project progress.
- Analysing problems and developing innovative solutions.
- Compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures.
- Presenting your technical work in meetings.
- Assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative colleagues.
- Delivering specifically assigned tasks to time and cost
- Working towards professional qualifications and undertaking training.
- A MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role is advantageous.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Confidence to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, and 278 and Water Authority Sections 104, 106 and 185 agreements.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com