Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. This role is based in our Ash Vale, Guildford office and reports to the Director. The purpose of this role is to support a team of experienced Engineers in the design process on a range of projects and to build relationships with colleagues, suppliers, clients and contractors.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Preparing and checking project design, assessment calculations, and drawings.
- Preparing reports as and when required.
- Undertaking work on site such as site walk over surveys.
- Communicating with colleagues, suppliers, clients and contractors in relation to project progress.
- Analysing problems and developing innovative solutions.
- Compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures.
- Presenting your technical work in meetings.
- Assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative colleagues.
- Delivering specifically assigned tasks to time and cost
- Working towards professional qualifications and undertaking training.
- A MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role is advantageous.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Confidence to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 106 and 185 agreements.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.