Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Geoenvironmental Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. This role is based in the Birmingham office and reports to the Director. The purpose of this role is to support and increase the capacity of the Birmingham Geo-environmental team by undertaking office and field based technical projects on time, within budget and to the agreed standards.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Undertake inspection/supervision activities including gas monitoring, capping validation, gas membrane validation and soil sampling.
- Plan and undertake geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigations around the UK (after training has been provided).
- Soil logging to BS5930 (after training has been provided).
- Scheduling laboratory tests and report writing (after training has been provided).
- Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
- Assist with the delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with guidance but minimal supervision.
- Work in accordance with our systems and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, project & risk management.
- Assisting with other duties may be required from time to time.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline is essential.
- Some experience in a consultancy environment is desirable.
- Interested in pursuing a career within the geo-environmental consultancy.
- Full UK driving licence is essential.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and clients.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.