Due to an increase in workload, we are recruiting a Principal Mechanical Engineer in our Manchester office to assist with training, directing and mentoring a small mechanical team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Active involvement in mechanical building services project design
• To manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians. To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
• Maintain the Project Management Plan.
• Represent Patrick Parsons as part of a Professional Design Team.
• To manage the team allocated for a project which may include various disciplines.
• Manage projects from inception through to completion.
• Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
• Manage the workload and oversee technical and commercial management of a small team.
• Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
• Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
• Take an active role in the development of the Building Services Division with a view to expanding its client base and workload
• BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
• CEng Status
• Substantial building services design experience is required
• Ideal candidate will have detailed experience of thermal modelling using IES software
• Client facing experience is essential
• Chartership status would be a distinct advantage
To apply, please send your CV including salary expectation and notice period to email@example.com