A Senior Structural Technician is sought to support the design team, producing technical drawings and managing the structural technicians. They will be responsible for the technical competence and proficiency of drawings, schedules, models, specifications and documents prepared.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Produce technical drawings using AutoCAD, Revit and CADS-RC as directed by the structural engineer with limited supervision. The production of technical drawings includes preparing details and schedules for structural concrete, steel, timber and masonry. To be accountable to the engineer for drawings prepared by structural technicians.
- Whilst considering programme, cost and quality, accept, allocate and supervise the preparation of technical drawings.
- Liaise with the team to ensure drawings are representative of the engineer’s designs.
- Apply Patrick Parson’s technical drawing standards and management procedures and quality management system and be accountable to the engineer for their application by structural technicians. Duties include:
– Plot technical drawings
– Issue of technical drawings and maintain issue sheets
– Log incoming information and distribute to team members
– Maintain project filing system
- Identify problems to understand and foresee practical challenges whilst co-ordinating technical drawings from difference disciplines or designers
- Support the relevant engineers to undertake site surveys and inspections. Attend external meetings on behalf of Patrick Parsons.
- Manage and apply safe systems of work applicable to structural engineering design.
Key knowledge, skills and attributes
- Have a detailed knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and CADS-RC.
- Have a detailed knowledge of structural steel, concrete, timber and masonry detailing and scheduling.
- Have developed a detailed knowledge of Patrick Parsons technical drawing management procedures and quality management system.
- Review and select appropriate techniques, procedures and methods to produce technical drawings as required by the structural engineer.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player and communicating comfortably with other staff members
- Good organisation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with internal and external suppliers i.e. colleagues and clients
- Team player used to working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct of their Institution.
- Have commercial awareness in order to achieve client needs
- Take responsibility for their own personal development and actively improve their knowledge and skills.
- Be comfortable and competent with mentoring junior members of the tram
- Consider the impact on the environmental, social and economy
- To be agile and be able to work in different locations as and when required
- To carry out work in a fair & ethical manner
The candidate should be ideally be Autodesk Revit qualified or be willing to work towards it
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com