An experienced project manager is required to fill a recently vacated role within a busy and growing geoenvironmental team in our Glasgow office. We work on a variety of built environment projects in the industrial, residential, commercial and rail sectors. You will be closely supported in the role by the discipline leader of the Glasgow office and the geoenvironmental Regional Director, to continue to grow a team of geoenvironmental engineers/technicians that can add to the successful building of this strategic multi-disciplinary regional business of Patrick Parsons.
There is great scope for progression, reward and personal growth on offer and you will have a significant input into the growth and development of the geoenvironmental team in Glasgow and nationally.
We have busy multi-disciplinary teams in the office with a diverse workload which is positioned for significant future growth in the coming years from existing and new sectors. Occasional travel will be required for this role, although the majority of the projects managed from the Glasgow office are within Scotland.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A first degree in earth science and ideally a relevant masters or higher degree
- Proven experience at a minimum of Senior Engineer level or ideally Principal level, within the geoenvironmental sector
- Principal candidates should ideally have Chartered status
- Technically proficient and knowledgeable, with a geotechnical bias and experience in geotechnical site investigation, earthworks and developing solutions to geotechnical constraints. The candidate must also be competent with contaminated land assessment.
- Experience undertaking slope stability assessments, settlement calculations and geotechnical design are desirable but not essential.
- A track record in being part of successful teams, staff management and ideally mentoring of staff.
- Proven ability in tender management and bid completion
- Proven project management ability
- Strong interpretive report writing ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Client management skills
- Experience in regulator liaison
- Driving licence is essential
As a key member of the team you can expect a highly competitive package including:
- Mobile phone allowance
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
To apply, please send your CV along with your salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org