Brookworth Homes proposed a housing development at Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone.
The site comprised a single dwelling with associated garage, which were both to be demolished. The proposed development was for eight, three-bedroomed terraced properties in two clocks, with associated access, parking provision and amenity space.
Our Guildford office was appointed to provide comprehensive, pre-planning to construction, drainage design services for the project, including:
• An evaluation of all forms of flood risk to the development
• The geotechnical analysis to determine surface water infiltration
• A drainage strategy report with schematic layout
For the construction, the Guildford team provided:
• The discharge of planning conditions related to drainage
• The discharge consents with the local drainage authority
• The SUR1/2 assessment to support the development’s Code for Sustainable Homes accreditation
and in addition, produced:
• The detailed design of drainage system for construction
• Appropriate use of Sustainable Drainage (SUDS) such as permeable surfacing and soakaways
• Supporting Hydraulic calculations (run-off rates, infiltration, attenuation/soakaways, foul water)
• The Specification of drainage materials and construction details