We are recruiting an Accounts Assistant to provide strong support in the finance function across a variety of areas including sales, purchase & banking functions. A portion of the role will be aimed towards month end close off including posting journals and analysis of the balance sheet.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Month End reporting and postings to the ledger
- Purchase ledger support – Processing purchase orders, paying supplier invoices, postings to ledger and statement reconciliations
- Support with credit control where required – cash collection, postings to sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations and posting/allocation of bank accounts
- Support with Pensions, PAYE and VAT reconciliations
- P&L support including postings, reconciliations and analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to. You will show leadership through your own actions.
- If it matters to you it matters to us – we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each Again, you will show leadership through your own actions and to ensure we meet the needs of our team and our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands up when we get it wrong. You will provide support to the team so they can deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You will encourage innovation and creativity within your team and demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients.
- Previous experience of working in a finance function
- AAT level 4 desirable or studying towards AAT
- Excellent numerical ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Will be comfortable handling difficult debtors
- Previous experience of Sage 50 is preferable but not essential
- Must be highly organised and efficient
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Should possess strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft office
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team
- Microsoft Office skills are essential
- Microsoft Excel (intermediate/advanced)
• Competitive salary
• Birthday off work!
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Health cash plan scheme
• Employee Assistance programme
• Pension scheme
• Training and development
• Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.