We are recruiting a Credit Controller to develop strong relationships with customers whilst working closely with several departments in the business. Support the effective running of the credit control team, ensuring policies and procedures are followed across the Group, ensuring prompt
collection of cash and minimise exposure to credit risk.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide effective credit control support to Group Companies
- Chase customers for payment of overdue debt
- Monitoring and maintaining the credit control systems
- Working as part of the team to ensure debtor days are reduced
- Monitor business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement
- Review and maintain allocation of receipts
- Ensure timely reconciliation of customer accounts
- Ensure Patrick Parsons standard terms & conditions are adhered to
- Liaise effectively with customers and work with departments across the business
- Effectively manage difficult accounts/customers
- Preparation and action notice of terms documentation and legal notices
- Resolve queries and collate details of disputed invoices in a timely manner
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as and when required to support your line manager and wider finance team
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to. You will show leadership through your own actions.
- If it matters to you it matters to us – we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each Again, you will show leadership through your own actions and to ensure we meet the needs of our team and our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands up when we get it wrong. You will provide support to the team so they can deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You will encourage innovation and creativity within your team and demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients.
- Previous experience of working in credit control is essential
- Experience in a similar industry would be advantageous
- Ability to deliver high levels of service to customers
- Excellent numerical ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Will be comfortable handling difficult debtors
- Previous experience of Sage 50 is preferable but not essential
- Must be highly organised and efficient
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Should possess strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft office
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team
- Microsoft Office skills are essential
• Competitive salary
• Birthday off work!
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Health cash plan scheme
• Employee Assistance programme
• Pension scheme
• Training and development
• Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.