The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for management of the design process on a range of small and medium sized projects. Liaising with architects, clients and contractors in professional manor.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible directly to the Director for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various projects.
- On larger projects assist the Director in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
- Deliver projects within budget constraints and ensure colleagues and line managers are kept informed of progress.
- Delegate work to Graduate Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Responsible for selected technical issues.
- The role is client facing therefore, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc.
- A MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in Civil Engineering within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience of working with housing developers is advantageous.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, a highway design package such as Civils 3D, Key Terra-firma or PDS, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org