Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. This role is based in the Newcastle office and reports to the Regional Director (Civils). The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for management of the design process on a range of small and medium sized projects. Liaising with architects, clients and contractors in professional manor.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Preparing highway and drainage designs/drawings at all stages of the development cycle (pre and post planning)
- On larger projects assist the Director in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
- Liaise and attend meetings with architects, clients and other professionals representing Patrick Parsons in a professional manner.
- Delegate work to Junior Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- To produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability Assessments, Drainage Strategy Reports, Cut and Fill Analysis etc.
- Responsible to the Director for the financial, technical and project management control of the civil engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects.
- MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Experience of detailed drainage design to both S.F.A and Building Regulations part H.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience of working with housing developers is advantageous.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS or Civils3D, Micro drainage and/or other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.