We are looking for a dynamic Office Administrator to join our Chester office on a permanent basis. This is a newly created role to support a growing office. The successful candidate will undertake administrative duties within the Chester office, supporting a Board Director and National Bid Co-ordinator, reporting into the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Administration and diary management for Board Director
- Supporting the National Bid Co-ordinator and Business Development team
- Administer the timely production of all tender documentation
- Collating information for tenders and PQQ’s
- Coordinate and contribute to the writing, editing and proofing of responses
- Research tender bids
- Filing of tender documents, develop and maintenance of tender databases and bid library
- Completion of supplier and health & safety questionnaires
- Produce pre qualification documents as and when required
- Assist with the approved contractor data base
- Monitor portals to ensure opportunities are not missed
- Compiling bid statistics and feedback for management reports
- Provide cover for National Bid Co-ordinator
- Ad hoc attendance at team meetings
- Meet and greet visitors in a professional friendly manner
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries promptly and politely
- Recording payments and purchasing to Finance Team
- Working closely with project managers to ensure invoicing is raised in a timely manner, logging invoices on internal systems, administering invoice forecasts
- Liaising with project managers to ensure queries from clients are dealt with smoothly and efficiently
- Supporting the technical staff by providing administrative duties such as typing reports and letters, formatting documents
- Setting up projects using bespoke internal systems (Coretime) and providing summaries to Finance
- Stock control management including stationary and general offices supplies (print cartridges, tea, coffee, liaison with cleaner, etc.)
- Logging of incoming and outgoing post including recorded delivery, franking, arrangement of couriers
- Regular and efficient filing of paper records/archiving electronic documents
- Filing, scanning, binding and photocopying
- Responsibility for the weekly fire alarm test
- Ordering of lunches, providing refreshments for meetings, setting meeting room up (cleaning and tidying) before and after meetings
- Ad hoc duties as and when required to support technical staff.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to use active and persuasive language to ensure delivery of high quality written communications.
- The ability to plan and organise the research, drafting and delivery of high quality submissions
- The ability to coordinate with team members across all offices to help formulate responses, which will include effective communication with all team members involved in the bid and interaction with the team to offer suggestions, innovation and ways to continuously improve
- Maintain and develop internal relationships with other teams as appropriate for the effective delivery of the bid development service
- Previous experience of working within a construction / consulting sector would be advantageous
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 31 January 2018.
Interview date: 7-8 February 2018.
If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
No recruitment agencies please