A unique opportunity to join a forward thinking Multi-Disciplinary Design Consultancy. Patrick Parsons are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Civil Engineer to join our thriving Birmingham team to help us grow, whilst developing your own career.
Successful candidates will have an MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering and have demonstrated Civil Engineering experience within a consultancy environment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible directly to the Associate Director for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects.
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- On larger projects assist the Associate Director in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
- Delegate to, manage and direct Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Responsible for selected technical issues.
- The role requires an Engineer who will be client facing, with the ability to represent the Company externally at a senior level, alongside managing their own workload and the ability to manage a number of projects at any one time.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures
- Excellent communications skills are paramount and to be capable of managing design teams both internally and externally.
- As a senior member of the team you will demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be self-motivated.
- Experience of working with housing developers is essential.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Provide training and coaching to less experienced staff.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc.
- Preferably degree qualified (not essential) with relevant experience in a similar practice.
- A chartered (or progressing towards chartered) status with a recognised institution.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Workplace Pension
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Please send your CV and covering letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org