Patrick Parsons are recruiting an Associate Director (Structures) in the Birmingham team to manage projects including allocated resources such as principal engineers, senior engineers, graduates and technicians. To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants and technical lead for the design team. To manage the Structures team within the Birmingham office, including the professional and personal development of all engineers and technicians.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Managing the Structural design team in Birmingham, ensuring the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
• Prepare and approve fee proposals, including resources and programme.
• Manage structural and multidisciplinary projects from inception through to completion.
• Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
• Co-ordination and management of other discipline inputs into multidisciplinary projects.
• Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
• Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
• Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
• Oversee the response to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
• Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages.
• Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
• Actively manage projects to minimise WIP and aged debtors.
• Develop and mentor engineers and technicians including conducting annual appraisals.
• Develop and maintain staff resource plans across projects including identifying when the team needs additional resource.
• Recruitment and selection of new staff.
• Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
• Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
• Develop the Structures team in the Birmingham office with a view to expanding its client base through compiling and implementing an effective business development strategy.
• Work alongside the Business Development team in the preparation of structural and multidisciplinary PQQ and ITT submissions.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Abbey.Hull@patrickparsons.co.uk