We currently have a brilliant opportunity for a permanent credit control manager, to lead and support our credit control here at Patrick Parsons. The ideal candidate will require a high level of communication skills including diplomacy, negotiation and a professional business manner and ideally being a member of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management. This is an exciting newly created opportunity for a credit professional to advance their career within a dynamic, growing business!
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the leadership and day to day management of the credit control function; ensuring that payment terms are upheld and our private and corporate clients settle their overdue accounts in accordance with their payment terms. You will also be responsible for managing cash levels; providing advice and guidance to senior management on cash expectations to determine potential expenditure commitments. The key role will encompass completion and production of weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash receipts forecast, and to ensure that the function attains the required results.
To ensure that effective credit control policies and procedures are developed and implemented across the Group. You will have responsibility for credit control within the group and will work closely with the finance team across the group and senior management to ensure prompt collection of cash and minimise exposure to credit risk.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure Patrick Parsons standard terms & conditions are adhered to
- Develop, implement & maintain current credit control policies and procedures
- Provide effective credit control support to Group Companies
- Review, evaluate and manage credit limits for both new and existing customers across the Group
- Utilise & review external credit checking facilities effectively
- Review and keep up to date with current credit control diagnostic tools
- Establish and monitor periodic credit collection targets
- Liaise effectively with legal advisors & insolvency practitioners as and when necessary
- Calculate and apply interests for overdue accounts
- Provide support to clients to set up deferred payment schemes
- Review and maintain allocation of receipts
- Ensure timely reconciliation of customer accounts
- Produce & issue meaningful and accurate reports to the Board Directors each month
- Organise and chair meetings from departmental to Senior Management Team
- Continuously improve departmental systems and procedures in conjunction with our IT department to ensure the credit control function operates effectively.
- Liaise effectively with customers
- Continually monitor customer base identifying changes in risk
- Effectively manage difficult accounts/customers
- Ensure that the credit control function is resourced appropriately
- Provide support and training to all staff as and when required
- Demonstrate delegation skills
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by line management
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management or an equivalent professional body is desirable but not essential (those working towards gaining relevant professional qualifications are encouraged to apply)
- Previous experience of credit control is essential
- Ability to build positive relations with our customers
- Previous experience within a Multi-disciplinary consultancy practice is desirable
- Able to demonstrate effective people management skills
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of procedures related to legal action & insolvency
- Able to demonstrate accounts analysis proficiency for risk assessment
- Experience of Sage 50 and Sage Coretime preferable but not essential
- Effective reporting skills
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate, attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills essential
The role offers a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package, dependent upon proven skills and experience of the successful candidate.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter along with salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.