This role is based in the Birmingham office, but the successful candidate may be required to work in other regional offices on a project needs basis from time to time. This role reports to the Discipline Head and the purpose of this role is to lead the geo-environmental team on a day to day basis and oversee the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadline.
- Prepare quotes/tenders for potential projects
- Supervising, managing, mentoring and instructing geo-environmental team
- Detailed landfill gas risk assessment
- Detailed scheduling of soil and water testing (geotechnical and chemical)
- Design, specification and validation of land remediation schemes
- Design, specification and validation of mine workings stabilisation schemes
- Project management of land remediation and ground engineering schemes
- Undertaking and/or supervising detailed quantitative contaminated land risk assessments and/or geotechnical design (slope stability, foundations and settlement assessments etc)
- Experience in reviewing both internal and external reports
- Managing profitability of projects, wider team, cost control and client debt management
- Business development
- Liaison with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Work in accordance with our systems and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, project & risk management
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science (or similar)
- MSc in a relevant subject is desirable but not essential
- The candidate should be Chartered or working towards Chartered status
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Business development experience
- Experienced in running geo-environmental teams within a consultancy setting
- Ability to recognise and seize upon business development opportunities as and when they arise
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and clients
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- EAP Scheme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Any applications from UK eligible workers wishing to apply, please contact IConsult Technical Ltd who are working with us to fulfill this role.
No recruitment agencies should apply.
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.