Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Geoenvironmental Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. This role is based in the Birmingham office and reports to the Director. Please note that you may be required to work in other regional offices on a project needs basis from time to time.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015 and BS EN ISO 14688:2002.
- Supervising all forms of drilling, including rotary coring.
- Ordering desk study searches, consultations and prepare desk study reports.
- Interpret geological maps and undertake mining risk assessments in line with Coal Authority requirements.
- Basic landfill gas risk assessment.
- Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental appraisals, remediation specifications and validation reports.
- Supervise ground engineering projects.
- Project managing site investigations and remediation validation works.
- Supervising and instructing drillers, technicians, junior engineers and engineers.
- Detailed scheduling of soil and water testing (geotechnical and chemical).
- Validation of land remediation schemes.
- Validation of mine workings stabilisation schemes.
- Project management of land remediation and ground engineering schemes.
- Liaison with remediation and ground engineering contractors.
- Liaison with clients.
- Liaison with regulators.
- Any ad hoc duties as and when required
The above is not exhaustive and is subject to change due to changes within the company with time.
- Degree in related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of field sampling, soil logging and data quality assurance (QA).
- Good understanding of contaminated land regulations and assessment.
- Ability to work well in a team and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.