Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. This role is based in the Ash Vale, Guildford office and reports to the Director. The purpose of this role is to lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Preparing plans and drawings at all stages of the development cycle.
• Responsible to the Director for the financial, technical and project management control of the civil engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects.
• Liaise and attend meetings with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the business, in a professional and courteous way.
• Delegate to and manage Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
• Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
• Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
• Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
• To produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments, Drainage Strategy reports, Cut and Fill Analysis etc.
• The role will be client facing and you will represent the Company externally at a senior level.
• MEng / BEng in Civil Engineering or HNC / HND in Civil Engineering.
• Demonstrated experience in a similar practice.
• A chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Experience of detailed drainage design to both S.F.A and Building Regulations part H.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and to manage a number of projects at any one time.
• Experience of working with housing developers is essential.
• Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS or Civils3D, Micro drainage and/or other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
• Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.