Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for two experienced Senior Civil Engineers to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. These roles are based in the Birmingham office and report to the Director. The purpose of these roles is to lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Delivering and managing the preparation of design packages for projects and the negotiation through approval stage with approving bodies and highway authorities.
- Preparing plans and drawings at all stages of the development cycle.
- Responsible to the Director for the financial, technical and project management control of the civil engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects.
- Liaise and attend meetings with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the business, in a professional and courteous way.
- Delegate to and manage Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- To produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments, Drainage Strategy reports, Cut and Fill Analysis etc.
- The role will be client facing and you will represent the Company externally at a senior level.
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a similar practice.
- A chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution.
- Proven experience in the design of highways and drainage.
- The successful candidates must have experience of managing projects, client interfacing and staff team members, though they must also have experience and be able to design and draft, i.e. be hands on with projects.
- Experience using the following software would be advantageous: –
- AutoCAD for drafting
- Civil 3D, Site 3D or PDS for highway design
- WINDES / MICRODRAINAGE for drainage design
- AutoTURN vehicle tracking software
- AutoSIGN and PDS sign face design
- PDS line carriageway marking design
- Lighting Reality street lighting design software
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and to manage a number of projects at any one time.
- The successful candidate will have experience in some or all of the following:-
- Estate road horizontal and vertical design to local authority or DMRB standards (S278 / S38 and private works)
- Junction design (roundabouts, traffic signals, priority and/or grade separated junctions etc)
- Design of external works to commercial developments (service yards, car parks etc)
- Part M levels
- Part H drainage
- Drainage design to building regs and water company ‘Sewers for Adoption’ standard (S104, S185 diversions etc)
- Pavement design
- Street lighting design
- Kerbing and edging specification
- Signing and carriageway marking design
- Earthworks modelling, principles and specifications
- Dealing with adopting highway and drainage authorities
- Preparation of road safety audit briefs and designer’s responses
- Preparation of flood risk assessments
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.