We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced HR Coordinator to join our Head Office in Newcastle.
This role will include all relevant aspects of HR, equality and wellbeing activities as required. It will assist in the development and implementation of relevant protocols and practices, ensuring that activities are effectively designed and implemented which support organisational aims and needs, are based on current best practice and ensure compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, regulations and legislation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to develop their HR career and offers a diverse and busy working environment, within a supportive and experienced team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Key contact for recruitment & selection activities/queries
- Obtaining authorisation for the recruitment of all vacancies
- Assist in creating and updating job descriptions across the PPL group
- Advertising vacancies on external job boards in addition to Company website and social media streams
- Shortlisting candidates with hiring managers
- Arranging interviews over the phone and producing written confirmation
- Update recruitment spreadsheet and produce relevant KPI’s when required
- Create relationships with key stakeholders including recruitment agencies, local universities and colleges
Contracts & Eligibility checks
- Produce offer letters and contracts of employment
- Dealing with reference requests and updating reference tracker
- Ensure the correct documentation has been received to comply with right to work in the UK in accordance with boarder agency requirements
- Create induction packs for new starters
- Support on boarding process and assist in induction programmes helping new starters settle into the business and ensuring all new starter information is collected and saved appropriately to meet strict data compliance
- Update all Company organograms in a timely manner
- Update the ‘people’ section on the Company intranet
- Update probation period tracker
- You will be responsible for making sure employee data and administration is maintained accurately and on time, including all records on HRIS, electronic and paper files.
- Co-ordinate, administer and report on holiday & sickness recording ensuring accurate and relevant documentation is retained
- Coordinate training and development including sourcing training costs and booking training courses
- Maintenance of training database and logging training certificates
- Supporting the HR Manager with projects and the production of reports and documents as necessary
- To ensure that all policies and procedures within the function are adhered to and in accordance with regulations and processes
- To undertake a wide variety of administrative duties relating to the HR function
- To maintain confidentiality of all data and information relating to all aspects of the HR function.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of employment law, best practice initiatives and national/local conditions of service.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience working in a HR administrative role or similar
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a discreet and professional manner
- High level of computer literacy in Microsoft office programmes including excel and word
- Knowledge of using Sage HR or equivalent HR software systems
- Ability to work on your own initiative, prioritise your work effectively and work well under pressures with a variable workload
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of employment law and best practice
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Experience working in SME environment would be advantageous but not essential
How to apply
Please state your current salary and notice period when applying for this vacancy. All applications to be sent to Elizabeth Havery, HR Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Thursday 16 November 2017
Interviews scheduled to take place: Wednesday 22 November 2017
No recruitment agencies please