Due to an expanding workload we are currently seeking a Civil Engineering Technician to join the Civils team in our Newcastle office. The ideal candidate will hold an HNC/HND in Civil engineering or similar.
Working under the supervision of a Civil Engineer, you will report to your line manager as part of the Civils team in our Newcastle office responsible for the design, submission and approval of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from a technical approval viewpoint.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Attend internal design review meetings
• Preparation of simple calculations
• Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD
• Supporting the administration of projects
• Supporting the Civil/Senior Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process
• Ensuring outputs meet the required standards
• Meeting agreed deadlines
• Working in both an office environment and on site
• Site visits and survey with senior members of staff
• Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
• Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System
• Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events
• Adhere to health & safety regulations
• Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards
• Conversant with current building regulations
• Designing to NHBC and LABC standards
• Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development
• Earthworks modelling would be advantageous
Experience / Skills required:
• Appropriate qualification in civil engineering
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous
• Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
• Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
• HNC/HND in Civil Engineering
• At least two years’ post qualification design experience in the civils sector.
• Excellent communication and numerical skills
• Proficient use of Autocad and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as PDS, Civils3D and MicroDrainage
• A solid understanding of road, levels and drainage designs
• The right attitude and cultural fit for our organisation
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible Working
• Workplace Pension
• Training and Development
• Sponsorship of Professional Membership
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter along with your notice period and salary expectations to Beth McKenna, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.