Patrick Parsons have an excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our forward thinking Multi-Disciplinary Design Consultancy in our Twickenham office, this role reports to the Civil Engineering Director. The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for management of the design process on a range of small and medium sized projects. Liaising with architects, clients and contractors in professional manor.
- Responsible directly to the Director for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various projects.
- On larger projects assist the Director in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
- Deliver projects within budget constraints and ensure colleagues and line managers are kept informed of progress.
- Delegate work to Junior Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Responsible for selected technical issues.
- The role is client facing therefore, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc.
- A MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience of working on major infrastructure schemes in water, wastewater, rail and infrastructure
- Proficient with various clean water, wastewater, structural/geotechnical and other industry standard modelling and design software packages.
- Demonstrated experience in Civil Engineering within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience of working with housing developers is advantageous.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please.
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.