Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Month End General Ledger
- Preparation of the month end consolidated management accounts.
- Assist with the continual improvement of month end close procedures.
- Provide variances analysis.
- Calculation of prepayments and accruals.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset registers.
Balance Sheet Reporting and Control
- Monthly balance sheet reporting including the preparation of consolidated balance sheet reports and analysis schedules.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled each month.
- Reconcile and agree all inter-company accounts each month.
- Assist with month-end queries from Management.
- Assist with monitoring and ongoing development of strong control processes and procedures.
- Preparation of quarterly group VAT returns.
- Assist with the annual audit, including preparation of the year end audit packs and dealing with audit queries.
- Prepare annual financial statement for all companies in the group, including consolidated financial statements under FRS 102.
- Providing support for treasury activities.
- Providing management, guidance and development to a more junior team members.
- Working towards or recently qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Previous financial accounting experience within commerce or would suit a first move from practice
- Previous balance sheet reconciliation and control experience
- Previous experience of a computerised general ledger systems, Sage 50, Nav would be preferred
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organisational and time management skills with ability to multi-task and prioritise work load
- Ability to work with accuracy, attention to deal, challenge current practices and suggest efficient improvements and ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team in a fast paced environment
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Birthday off!
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter with current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org