We are currently recruiting for a Senior/ Principal Marine Environmental Consultant to join our Dubai office. This role is reporting into the Director of Environmental Consultancy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Assist with developing the Marine Ecology/Biology service line.
- Lead field surveys and mentor junior staff members in survey techniques.
- Liaison with, and management of, subcontractors as required.
- Prepare Health, Safety, and Environmental documentation in support of project work.
- Prepare and provide written technical reports (including EIA, Environmental Management Plans, and survey reports).
- Prepare quotations and tenders for all new project works and project extensions.
- Project manage and deliver projects throughout the Middle East, and wider afield as necessary.
- Liaison and negotiation with regulator requirements relating to our project areas (e.g. local planning authorities, EAD, DM-EPSS, MOCCAE).
- Liaise with all aspects of client project requirements, including attendance at client meetings as required.
- Take part in regular CPD training and development activities and provide mentoring and development of staff under your line management.
- Act as a key client relation manager.
- Financial management of projects, proposals and projects via company spreadsheets and project management tool.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
The above is not exhaustive and is subject to change due to changes within the company with time.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Marine Biology
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Sound scientific knowledge and understanding of marine survey techniques
- Middle East experience and knowledge of relevant regulations
Please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org