An experienced and enthusiastic Geoenvironmental Engineer with a positive outlook and attitude is sought to join our strong Geo-environmental team within a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in our Birmingham office.
The ideal candidate would have a good first degree in geology, earth sciences, civil engineering or similar and preferably a higher degree in engineering geology, geotechnical engineering or similar. Experience is required in site investigation design, management and supervision including a range of investigatory techniques and in-situ sampling and testing methods as well as assisting with scheduling of geotechnical and chemical laboratory testing and report writing. An ability to log rock and soils to BS5930:1999 and BS EN 14688:2002 is essential. Experience is essential, although further training and development will be provided for bright personable candidates where knowledge or experience is lacking, as the ability to work as part of a team is the most important asset sought.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team and the right candidate will be exposed to a varied selection of projects and have to take on project responsibility.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To work within a team, undertaking desk studies, ground investigations, data analysis, factual and interpretative report writing in support of development and infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
- To ensure that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
- To coordinate field service subcontractors and fully supervise ground investigations.
- To collect soil and groundwater samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at sites.
- To coordinate with laboratories to secure appropriate analysis and in a timetable consistent with project requirements.
- To complete exploratory hole logs and engineering drawings.
- To compile and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models.
- To learn the Patrick Parsons quality management system and ensure its effective implementation.
- To assist project managers in developing proposals for ground investigations and remediation projects if appropriate.
- Good first degree in Earth Science related discipline.
- Experience in field investigation including exploratory investigation and management of subcontractors.
- Proven technical experience commensurate to the role in either geotechnical or contamination aspects, with applied knowledge of both.
- Experience collecting groundwater vapour samples / gas monitoring.
- Good understanding of field sampling, soil logging and data quality assurance (QA).
- Good understanding of contaminated land regulations and assessment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience using AutoCad.
- Familiar with developing and implementing health and safety risk assessments.
- Strong team worker able to listen to requirements and work well with others.
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to work.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Report writing skills in English essential.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Numerate and confident.
- Driving licence is essential and must have use of own vehicle.
- Must be prepared to work away from home from time to time.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org