We have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our rapidly growing multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in Newcastle! The purpose of this role is to manage projects including allocated resources such as senior engineers, graduates and technicians. To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants and technical lead for the design team. The successful candidate will work with the senior management to resource projects and work being undertaken within the office, as well as liaise with existing and potential clients with a view to bringing in new projects into the company.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Prepare fee proposals for senior management approval, including resources and programme.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Manage the workload and oversee technical and commercial management of the Structures team.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
- Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Oversee the response to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages.
- Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Actively manage projects to minimise WIP.
- Develop and mentor engineers and technicians including conducting annual appraisals.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Take an active role in the development of the Structures Division with a view to expanding its client base.
- The successful candidate should be a Chartered Structural or Civil Engineer
- Must have demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure against strict deadlines.
- Good organisational skills.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send us your CV, current salary package and salary expectations to email@example.com