We are currently recruiting for two Credit Ledger Administrators to join our rapidly growing multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in Newcastle! We have one interim opportunity until November 2019 and one permanent opportunity.
The purpose of this role is to develop strong relationships with customers whilst working closely with several departments in the business. Support the effective running of the credit control team, ensuring policies and procedures are followed across the Group, ensuring prompt collection of cash and minimise exposure to credit risk.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide effective credit control support to Group Companies.
- Chase customers for payment of overdue debt.
- Monitoring and maintaining the credit control systems.
- Working as part of the team to ensure debtor days are reduced.
- Monitor business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Review and maintain allocation of receipts.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Ensure Patrick Parsons standard terms & conditions are adhered to.
- Liaise effectively with customers and work with departments across the business.
- Effectively manage difficult accounts/customers.
- Preparation and action notice of terms documentation and legal notices.
- Resolve queries and collate details of disputed invoices in a timely manner.
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as and when required to support your line manager and wider finance team.
- Previous experience of working in credit control is essential.
- Experience in a similar industry would be advantageous
- Ability to deliver high levels of service to customers.
- Excellent numerical ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Will be comfortable handling difficult debtors.
- Previous experience of Sage 50 is preferable but not essential.
- Must be highly organised and efficient.
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines.
- Should possess strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft office
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Microsoft Office skills are essential.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com