Patrick Parsons is currently recruiting an Interim Head of Commercial Finance to cover a period of maternity leave, reporting to the Chief Finance Officer. This would suit a qualified professional with experience in a similar role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsibility for the budgeting and forecast process – This includes liaising with the discipline heads to prepare accurate models with which the business can make strategic decisions upon. The models are continuously being refined and redeveloped and the Head of Commercial Finance would be required to regularly revisit the assumptions to ensure they are reflective of the latest position. In addition to the models you will also be responsible for preparing the business plan presentations for the board and ensuring key messages are communicated effectively.The Head of Commercial Finance should be able to Identify risk and opportunity by in depth review and understanding of monthly re-forecasting. A sound knowledge of the business and financials will be critical so to ensure proactive decisions are made.
- Manage the WIP process – Responsible for performing the project reviews monthly. This involves assessing the performance of projects with reference to cost of completeness and liaising with project managers to understand the performance of the projects and required actions. In addition, the Head of Commercial finance will be responsible for feeding back the results of the reviews to the discipline heads, ensuring that appropriate action is agreed with discipline heads and actioned accordingly.The process is continuously evolving in the business and as such the Head of Commercial Finance is responsible for refining the process and being receptive to the demands of the business and stakeholders.
- Responsible for various areas of internal reporting including preparation of the board pack and discipline balanced scorecard. This involves analysing data, reporting on KPIs, investigating trends which are inconsistent with the underlying business performance and providing solutions/actions to the business as needed. The internal reporting needs to continuously evolve to meet the demands of the business and the Head of Commercial Finance should be one step ahead in determining what additional requirements are needed.
- Work directly with stakeholders in the business to provide financial modelling for specific ad hoc projects including data analysis and project analysis. Data analysis should be strong and provide robust financial assessment & recommendations upon which decisions can be made. Requests can be ad hoc and require a very quick turnaround. As such the role requires the candidate to be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritise multiple demands to deliver high quality work on time, every time.
- Develop new reports and financial reporting tools as necessary to meet the demands of the business, board and other key stakeholders.
- Support the discipline heads by championing change management; driving improvements to financial accountability across the business and improving financial processes to improve overall efficiency.
- Business partner to the engineering function. Bridging the gap between finance and operations including providing training and support to ensure accurate financial information is obtained from the function. Working with Discipline heads to flag concerns and workable solutions. This requires the ability to communicate finance to non-finance individuals and the ability to effectively communicate to ensure effective results and solutions.
- Involvement with other ad hoc projects as required by the business including but not limited to interaction with external third parties (such as due diligence process and audit), internal due diligence, business plans to support one-off business transactions and other key projects including but not limited to assist with an ERP implementation.
- Qualified Chartered accountant with at least 3 years PQE.
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical skills with the ability to conduct solid research, data analysis and resolve complex problems. This should be complemented by excellent excel skills and the ability to analyse complex datasets as efficiently and accurately as possible.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to make relationships at all levels within the business with confidence to communicate effectively to the senior management team.
- Must be a confident negotiator who can work well with all personalities and who can be both emphatic and pragmatic.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
- This role will present many conflicting priorities and the successful candidate should be able to digest the information requested of them and prioritise accordingly in the best interests of the business.
- Ability to work well in a team with proven team supervisory experience.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org