Patrick Parsons are looking for a Financial Controller to join the team in Newcastle! This would suit a qualified professional with experience in a similar role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Produce consolidated monthly management accounts including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries. As part of the management accounts process, the Financial Controller will also be required to report on company assets and liabilities including the provision of balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements which are compliant with FRS 102. As part of this preparation, fair value reviews of intangible assets will be performed to ensure recognition is inline with the accounting standards.
- Lead cash-flow management and forecasting for the group. Must supply accurate periodic cashflow forecasts which are reviewed and maintained daily. As part of the cashflow management you will be required to assist the credit control function to ensure timely collection of business debts and similarly ensure payment of creditors. The role requires the ability to effectively communicate to senior management cashflow strategy.
- Managing the development and mentoring of the finance team. Ensure effective delegation to the team so that all tasks are performed on a timely basis and to a high quality.
- Manage the group payroll function so to ensure the function is operating effectively and efficiently. Overall responsibility for ensuring payroll and pension compliance.
- Maintain strong relationships with HMRC, bankers, auditors and other external stakeholders key to the business.
- Responsibility for compliance with all financial regulations and taxation matters, including but not limited to VAT, PAYE and Corporation tax.
- Responsibility for continuous review and improvement of working accounting practices and processes to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective operations are in place.
- Perform ad-hoc duties as and when required to support the CFO and wider finance team. This includes provision of ad-hoc management reporting for decision-making, assist in investment appraisals and business case analysis and model and analyse cost base to identify and monitor opportunities and efficiencies.
Skill and qualifications will include:
- Qualified Chartered accountant with at least 3 years PQE.
- Strong IT skills and excellent knowledge of Sage 50, Sage Payroll, Excel and preferably Sage Coretime.
- Experience in financial reporting and financial operations. This should be complemented by excellent accounting knowledge, particularly of FRS 102, and technical ability.
- Strong communication skills coupled with excellent attention to detail. Ability to work well within a team and make relationships at all levels in the business. This role will require a strong commercial awareness, with an understanding of business priorities.
- Strong time management, accountability and organizational skills.
- Highly adaptable and capable of working in a high-pressure environment to tight deadlines.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com