The purpose of this role is to assist in the engineering design and delivery of the technical aspects of projects, attend project meetings and be a key contact for clients, contractors and other project consultants.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors using appropriate software.
- Assist in the delivery of projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Work with Technicians to produce relevant structural information.
- Undertake structural engineering analysis and design under the supervision of project engineers.
- Provide full management and delivery of smaller projects.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Attendance at project and design meetings.
- Site attendance and undertake site inspections
- Undertake condition surveys and write reports.
- Liaison with other members of the design team.
- Keep all project related documentation in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- As the team develops you will be required to mentor graduates and technicians.
- Actively engage in CPD to maintain and facilitate personal and career development.
- Qualified to MEng degree level or equivalent in Civil or Structural engineering with 5 years+ experience.
- Chartered or desire to work towards chartership.
- Demonstrated experience in structural engineering design.
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members.
- A knowledge and understanding of structural design analysis software including Tekla Building Designer and/or other FEA software, along with TEDDS, CSC or similar. Experience of AutoCAD and/or Revit would be of benefit.
- Birthday off work
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send us your CV, salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com